Glass curtains for bathrooms are not found in every home, but their popularity is growing every day. If earlier oilcloth curtains were used to prevent water from getting on the floor or plumbing, today the market for bath products offers more fashionable and improved methods. After all, an ordinary curtain made of material simplifies the appearance of the bathroom and can spoil a carefully thought-out interior. In addition, taking a bath with her is quite uncomfortable and unhygienic. Over time, it wears out, loses its appearance, and this leads to new expenses. Therefore, a glass curtain is most advantageous in all respects.
A rich assortment on the market will allow you to choose the option that is right for your bath and for the size of any bathroom. These can be single-leaf and multi-leaf blinds, sliding bathroom curtains that move and are removed if necessary. Bathroom curtains can be stationary and create a boxing effect during bathing.
The location of the blinds can also be very different. If the bath is rounded, then the curtains are installed in a semicircle. If the bath has a diamond shape, the blinds are installed along all sides. In general, the variety is impressive.
Bathroom curtains can be made of transparent glass or plastic. Each material is good, reliable and durable in its own way. Sliding glass bathroom curtains look more spectacular and perfectly complement the interior. All products are covered with a special layer of protection, which prevents the possibility of plaque from water and stains. Such curtains are also easy to care for. They do not have to be rubbed thoroughly to achieve the desired shine. Special accessories and glass cleaner will allow you to achieve a pristine shine.
- Glass thickness from 6 to 12 mm
- The weight of the glass partition is 25 kg/m2
- Sound insulation 25-35 dB
- Light transmittance – 0.92
- Impact strength, – 33 MPa
- The specific thermal conductivity of glass is 0.93 w/ m ×k
- The color of the fittings and profile is Brushed stainless steel. steel (SSS), Polished stainless steel. steel (PSS), Gold plating (Ti), Anodized aluminum (AL), Painting according to the RAL catalog
- The typical thickness of loft partitions is 76 mm.
- Types of glass: Transparent, ultra-transparent, tinted in bulk (grey, bronze), matte.
When choosing sliding glass blinds, first of all, it is necessary to take into account the size and location of the bath, as well as interior features.
And only after selecting models suitable in size, it makes sense to pay attention to the following additional parameters:
- Glass design – glass can be transparent, opaque, darkened, colored and patterned (sandblasted stained glass).
- The color of the profile is selected according to the color scheme of the bathroom and the type of glass.
- Number of shutters – there are shutters with 2, 3, 4 and 5 sliding shutters.
- The thickness of the glass is from 5 to 8 mm, depending on the model and manufacturer.